Week 2 Forum

Topic 1- Photographer of the week
Edward Weston was born March 24, 1886 in Illinois. He began doing photography at the age of 16 when his father gave him a camera. He started out taking photos of parks and his aunts farm. In 1908, he went to the  the Illinois College of Photography. For me, what stands out most about his photos are his abstract photos that look at ordinary objects, like seashells and peppers in a way we normally don't look at them. He was best known for his black and white photos of landscapes, natural forms, and nudes.

Topic 2- Lynsey Addario
I thought that so far, the book is good. what impressed me most was when she was in Libya and how she persevered in spite of a lot of photographers leaving because it was too dangerous. I think her work is really impactful and it makes you think. some lessons that I could apply with my photojournalism is get closer. one of my favorite quotes is, talking about war photojournalism, "It is the way we make a living, but it feels more like a responsibility, or a calling." I like this because it helps to provide a little insight into why she would risk her life for something that some people think of as just a picture. my favorite picture is the one on the bottom of page 4. It is of a man "consoling" his wounded friend. I like this one because it shows the camaraderie of these men and it makes you think about how they aren't that different from everyone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Forum

Week 10 Forum

Week 2 Assignment