Week 10 Forum

Topic 1: My best photojournalism
1) the best photo i've taken this term:
2) This photo stood out to me because I framed the 2 girls faces on the left with the fence, and you can see their expressions really well. It also has nice colors and is focused well. 
3) This reflects what I learned because I learned that it was important to have faces in the picture and to capture expressions. 
4) My photo skills have improved because now I feel a lot more comfortable with taking pictures of people. Like in the beginning of the term, when I took my first photo for this class, it took me like 20 minutes to work up the courage to go up to a stranger and take their photo. Now it is a lot easier for me to invade someones personal space, although it still makes me uncomfortable. 

Topic 2: My goals
From week 1: "One of my goals in this class is to better my relationship with photojournalism and maybe come out with better feelings towards it, instead of ones of dread. Another goal is to get over my fear of taking pictures of people and to feel a little more comfortable doing it. My last goal is to just generally improve my photography skills."
I feel like I did a good job with my second goal of getting over my fear of taking pictures of people. Like I said in topic 1, it is a lot easier. For example, with my photo story, I felt really out of place taking pictures of everyone while they were working, because I was the only one with a camera. Even though I was uncomfortable, I just got over it and actually ended up having some conversations with some of the cool people I photographed, which would have never happened before this class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Forum

Week 2 Assignment